Eschia Books, an award-winning Alberta Indigenous publisher, is seeking an inspired individual for a minimum yearlong employment in Edmonton.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- editorial work, including editing, proofreading and reviewing manuscripts;
- project management and administrative duties;
- executing marketing and promotions campaigns within Indigenous communities;
- making connections with Indigenous authors and communities across Canada;
- researching new markets for Indigenous titles;
- obtaining reviews and media interviews, writing sales copy, press releases, etc.;
- attending bookfairs and conferences.
The candidate must be a graduate or soon-to be graduate of a post-secondary program related to publishing, writing or Indigenous Studies. A strong grounding in Indigenous communities is beneficial. Considerable training will be provided. The candidate must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and be willing to commit to the full term of the employment year.
There is the possibility of long-term employment should the candidate be a good fit for the company.
Submit a resume by email only: firstname.lastname@example.org
“Eschia Books is proud to provide a venue for Indigenous writers, especially emerging authors and those who live in isolated areas of Canada.”